Hello! I'm Helen. :) Most days I live in San Francisco and work on the experiments platform at Redfin. I'm also on twitter, instagram, linkedin, and github.
Some of My Favorite Things
- Some of my favorite books are East of Eden, The Sun Also Rises, Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioral Economics, Stiff: The Curious Life of Human Cadavers, Seven Brief Lectures in Physics, Designing Data Intensive Applications, and so, so more. I'm on Goodreads.
- I like biking and running. My favorite running route that is also a pleasant biking route takes you along Embarcadero, across the bridge, to Sausalito, where you can enjoy an ice cream while waiting for the ferry back.
- My favorite hiking routes in the bay are the Matt Davis-Steep Ravine loop in North Bay, and the Berry Creek Falls loop in South Bay. I like waterfalls. :)
- Some of my favorite youtube channels are 3Blue1Brown, Wendover Productions, and Matty Matheson on Munchies. On Netflix I mostly watch comedy shows that don't have much plot and docus of every flavor under the sun.
- I love gardening and plants. I have had good success with cosmic purple carrots, radishes, and moss roses in my apartment window container garden. Radishes in particular are satisfying because they have the shortest growth cycle of 30 days. I supplement with grow lights. I also volunteer at the Dahlia Garden; the dahlias there are by far my favorite flowers.